Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Disney World: Day 3

This morning L was in such a rush to wake up and have some serious Disney fun, she totally neglected the fact that the parks wouldn't open for about six hours. Yeah. Someone decided it would be just swell if she woke up at 3:30. Why I was the only person who was waken up by her pleas for fun is beyond me. Actually...that's probably not true. It's probably biology....moms tuned into the sounds of their babies. ...Stupid biology. Why did no one think to program the dads to wake up to their babies?

Either way. In a room that is about the size of most standard hotel rooms, both B and my husband were out cold, leaving me to fend for myself with a baby too excited to sleep. Luckily, along with that pesky wake up thing God programmed me with, He also blessed me with, what I like to believe is, some pretty awesome resourcefulness, too. Yeah. That's right. I'm sagacious.

You better believe I shoved (in a completely motherly and tender way, of course!) my daughter to the far side of the bed, and crawled into bed with L. Maybe she was too excited to sleep. But I wasn't. Not since I'm the one responsible for pushing the stroller and/or carrying any one of two children at any given time throughout the day...in Florida. In June. (Oh....B and I decided to share a bed since the two beds in our room were doubles and my husband would be all cramped if we shared, what with being 6'8" and all...and plus he'd just squeeze me out anyway. He swears he doesn't. But we've been married almost 7 years. He loves me. But he does. Just sayin'. :) )

With my 4 year old shoved to the far side of the bed, and unwittingly sleep rolling her way back to the middle (Grrrrrrr!!!) and L cradled in between us, I decided to try to get some sleep. ...If there are 10 levels of sleep.....just pretend with me.....trying to sleep while cradling an 8 month old, in an awkward position, I was probably in level 2 of sleep. Keep in mind that Level 1 is the suckiest.

So when morning rolled around, finally, I was not ready to get up. By that point, I had given up around 6:30 (after repeated attempts to put her back in her crib) and forced our youngest on my husband to be in his charge while I desperately tried to catch up on sleep before it was officially time to start the day.

Whatever time it was my husband finally forced me from the comfort of my pillow was too early, but I was up. We rushed around getting ready. My parents had agreed to take the girls to Magic Kingdom for the day, allowing Matt and I a rare day to ourselves. We would be heading to Universal Studios, our first time there. I was in such a rush to get myself ready and make sure the girls' bag was packed for my parents, I forgot to eat. My husband forced me to share a Cinnabon with him at the park. Seriously. Forced me. I told him it wasn't good for me; too much sugar and fat; not good for all the progress I've been making health/workout-wise, but he insisted saying he didn't want me to get sick. Well...okay....if it's my HEALTH you're concerned about.  ...Okay, so I caved. But we shared, and we had water. And I'm pretty sure I walked enough at Universal to burn off two WHOLE Cinnabons.

So. Some highlights of our day (with pictures to follow at a time TBD)....

-The Hulk--CRAZY INTENSE! How intense was it? Well, in the line, some girl passed out. In the line! At like 10:30 in the morning. It wasn't even hot yet. Okay...so I'm 99.9% sure there was more at play with her dilemma than pure Hulk Intensity could account for, but still. ...(She was okay.) We waited in line for like 8 millenia. No, really. It was a long line. But once we were on, the ride did not disappoint. ..Aside from the fact that the ratio of wait time to ride time seemed disproportionate, but who said life in a theme park was fair and proportionate? Right. So it is what it is. After we got off the ride, I felt a liiitttttle bit disoriented. I've never been drunk, but I imagine that the woozy walking that I see in movies would be something like what I experienced disembarking from the Green Machine. Also I had a headache from having my brain shaken (not stirred) by what had to have been at least 5 upside-downy twists and corkscrews. It was fun.

-Hogwarts--We rode the ride in Hogwarts. The line was 60 minutes, but since my husband and I know how to take one for the team, we opted for the Single Riders line, which boasted an impressive wait time of only 10 minutes or so. And, for our sacrifices, the ride person-getter-onner lady ended up needing two singles. Bingo! We get to ride TOGETHER!  This ride was fun. It was like part simulation ride part...yo-yo? I don't know how else to describe the pully/droppy motion of the ride. It was a pretty great ride.

-The Harry Potter dragon ride. This one was fun. This one we waited forever for. Again, the wait time, in my mind, didn't totally justify the wait time, but some theme park employee "strategically" placed at some point in the queue, did offer to take our picture in front of the flying car from "The Chamber of Secrets"...so that was cool.

Those were our favorites of the day. We did have to leave a little earlier than we had planned, though. Matt started not feeling well. And by the time we rode Krusty's (The Simpsons) Funhouse Ride (Hey, it's crazy what a 10 minute wait time can convince you to do!), Matt was feeling sick, hot, and sweaty. ...And the ride wasn't any of those things. So we decided to head out and get him some rest. I'm pretty sure he was dehydrated, because once we got him some water, food, and rest, he bounced back pretty quickly, but he sure wasn't looking so hot there for a bit.

While off on our adventure, the girls were off on their own adventure with my parents in the Magic Kingdom. I was not privy to their day, of course, since I, as a mother, have not yet perfected the skill of being in two places at once (although that is on my list of things to do by the end of 2013). However, after picking the girls up in Downtown Disney (my parents headed back out to Epcot), this is what I was able to discern:

-L rode "It's a Small World After All". She did not care.
-B made my dad (Pops) take her on the teacups twice. She likes to spin the wheel and go super fast. My dad did not throw up. Props to dad on that one! :)
-B rode Space Mountain. (Whaattt?!?!) She had assured us when we arrived on Sunday that she was not riding that ride. Look at my little 4 year old all grown up and being brave! When I asked her what her favorite thing of the day was, she boldly, and without hesitation, announced, "Space Mountain."
-Bella met the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. My mom took some video. She looks very unsure of the rabbit, and rightly so. She's never seen the movie before.

So not many pictures taken today, but I'll try to upload what I have later. As for now...time to get to bed. Early day tomorrow back in the magical world of Disney. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment