Monday, May 28, 2012

Walk to End Breast Cancer


Breast Cancer. 

Nasty stuff. Scary stuff. 

I have been blessed that the list of women I know who have been affected by this disease is short. And every one of those women survived. But I know as I get older and the years blur together and stretch out that my list will grow. And I know that there will come a day when my list will not boast a 100% survival rate. 

This November I will be taking part in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk for the cure. This isn't the first time I've participated in a Susan G. Komen event, but it is the first time I will be personally and heavily invested in it. By registering for the walk, I have been tasked with raising $2,300.00. It's a lot money to me. It's not something I've got lying around the house, under a matress or in a piggy bank. It makes me nervous thinking about how I will raise the funds, and I know I will have to put my faith in God that He already knows how...and then I'll just have to rest in that knowledge. 

If you haven't heard of this program before, I invite you to take a look. I invite you to support me as I raise the necessary funding that will allow me to participate in this event. I invite you to walk, too. And if you're not sure why it matters or why I walk, I invite you to watch the following:





1 comment:

  1. I did the 3-day in Boston in 2008. It was an amazing experience! Good Luck! Dana

    ReplyDelete